We are sorry that this course is not available this year. Please look for other courses on this website.
Summer Home Tuition is the perfect programme and a fantastic immersion experience for students where they live and study in their teacher’s home on a one-to-one OR two-to-one basis. It is the most effective way to improve English language skills over a short period of time.
Summer Home tuition is a unique opportunity to live and learn in the home of a professional teacher, benefiting from one-to-one tailored English lessons in a comfortable and relaxed environment, and experience life in a British family home and explore beautiful UK destinations. Students live, study and explore the UK as part of their professional tutor’s family, using and improving their English throughout their entire stay. The tuition is designed to meet your academic needs and interests. Students typically make a vast amount of progress in all areas, particularly listening and speaking.
Students joining the Summer Home Tuition program based in Cambridge and Brighton will have the opportunity to join the group excursions and social activities organised by local residential summer school centres.
Apart from Summer Home Tuition, we also offer All Year Around Home Tuition and Family Courses for students and adults on General English, Academic English, Exam Preparation and Business English.
Course Code Dates Duration Tuition Hours Fees (1:1) Fees/person(1:2) 01-ESHT 27 Jun - 11 Jul 2 Weeks 40 Hours £2,940 £2,350 02-ESHT 27 Jun - 18 Jul 3 Weeks 60 Hours £4,410 £3,525 03-ESHT 27 Jun - 25 Jul 4 Weeks 80 Hours £5,880 £4,700 04-ESHT 4 Jul - 18 Jul 2 Weeks 40 Hours £2,940 £2,350 05-ESHT 4 Jul - 25 Jul 3 Weeks 60 Hours £4,410 £3,525 06-ESHT 4 Jul - 1 Aug 4 Weeks 80 Hours £5,880 £4,700 07-ESHT 11 Jul - 8 Aug 2 Weeks 40 Hours £2,940 £2,350 08-ESHT 11 Jul - 15 Aug 3 Weeks 60 Hours £4,410 £3,525 09-ESHT 11 Jul - 22 Aug 4 Weeks 80 Hours £5,880 £4,700 10-ESHT 18 Jul - 1 Aug 2 Weeks 40 Hours £2,940 £2,350 11-ESHT 18 Jul - 8 Aug 3 Weeks 60 Hours £4,410 £3,525 12-ESHT 18 Jul - 15 Aug 4 Weeks 80 Hours £5,880 £4,700 13-ESHT 25 Jul - 8 Aug 2 Weeks 40 Hours £2,940 £2,350 14-ESHT 25 Jul - 15 Aug 3 Weeks 60 Hours £4,410 £3,525 15-ESHT 1 Aug - 15 Aug 2 Weeks 40 Hours £2,940 £2,350
What is included?
- Pre-arrival online assessment test
- Needs analysis and personalised course designed to meet your child’s interests and language needs
- 20 hours of personalised one-to-one English tuition per week. Student information pack & end-of-course report
- Two-to-one courses also available with a student of a similar age and language level
- Full activity and social programme led by the teacher and their family, including two full-day excursions and one half-day activity at the local summer schools every week
- Comfortable accommodation and all meals taken in the tutor’s home (packed lunch on excursions)
- Study materials for use during your stay
- Certificate of attendance
- Total immersion and integration into the family life of your tutor
- Weeks run Tuesday-Tuesday
- Airport transfers from Heathrow and Gatwick (or Stansted for Cambridge) are included in the course fees
- Two-Week Sample Timetable for Summer Home Tuition Courses
Cambridge Sample Timetable
Brighton Sample Timetable
Summer Home Tuition tutors are based around two residential summer centres in Cambridge and Brighton. All home tutors live a short drive away from these historic cities and are the perfect setting for a Home Tuition programme.
Study in Cambridgeshire and soak up the historical beauty of its famous university city. Cambridgeshire offers plenty to see and do; let your home tutor show you the ‘local’ side of this popular tourist destination while also joining Corpus Christi and Clare College on their excursions.
Experience a summer at the great British seaside. Live and learn amongst the picturesque South Downs, setting of Plumpton College, with close proximity to the dynamic and colourful seaside town of Brighton and all its tourist attractions.
Can I choose my family?
We visit all our home tutors before the summer and get to know them well. We will therefore endeavor to personally match you with the most suitable host family according to your interests and academic needs. You will also be sent detailed teacher profiles before your arrival to familiarise yourself with your prospective summer home.
Do I have to pay for entrance fees/tickets on excursions?
The course fee includes two full-day excursions, one afternoon trip and one evening activity. All expenses for these are covered. You choose the excursions and activities you would like to do before your arrival.
How do I get from the airport to my tutor’s house?
Your home tutor will be waiting at the airport for you with a clearly marked sign. Hopefully you will recognise each other from the photographs you will have been sent beforehand! Students should arrive at the international airport designated to them else a charge shall be incurred.
How much pocket money should I bring?
While excursion expenses are included it is recommended you bring some pocket money to buy souvenirs and cover additional activities you would like to do outside of the planned excursions.
What kind of things will I do with the family outside of lessons?
Your home tutor will treat you as a member of their family so you experience a real taste of English family life. Your tutor will design an exciting programme of excursions and activities, for example trips to local castles, theme parks and cities as well as family activities such as sport, cookery and theatre.
Do I need travel insurance?
We provides insurance cover for all students.
You are expected to behave courteously and respectfully toward your host tutor and family at all times. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated. Your host teacher will treat you as a member of their family and you should act accordingly.
Will I have internet access?
All teachers will have internet facilities, either a wireless or broadband connection.
Can I bring my parent or another accompanying adult?
In some circumstances it may be possible for an accompanying adult to be accommodated as well. Please discuss this with us.
Can I be paired with another student?
If you would like to attend a home tuition course with another student please make sure you have booked before May 1st. This will give us time to find you a suitable partner student and home tutor. We will match you with someone of a similar age and language ability.
If you would like to attend a Home Tuition programme with another student please book before 1st May. This will give us time to match you suitably with someone of a similar language level and age.
- Are you a friendly, enthusiastic student? The intensity of home tuition means it suits students eager to make large strides in their learning over the summer;
- Are you interested in improving your English speaking confidence? Unlike summer school classes, home tuition offers a tailored syllabus where the student can learn at their own pace;
- Are you keen to experience life in an English home and also meet other students? Students live and learn in the home of their tutor and meet other students on weekly excursions with Summer School centres.
Then contact us for booking here.