Upon making a booking, which is payment of at least the booking deposit, students and their parents/guardians are bound by the following terms and conditions*:
- The fees of our summer programmes are all-inclusive, with a few exceptions on insurance. The courses which do not include insurance are indicated individually on relevant course pages.
- All course fees published on our website are universal worldwide, which means there is no any agent fee nor booking fee involved whatsoever.
- The courses are open to students worldwide. Places on each course are strictly limited and you are advised to book as early as possible.
- A non-refundable deposit of £500 is required at the time of booking. The deposit is part of the full fee, and not an additional cost. An enrollment is not valid until the deposit has been received and it has been confirmed in writing.
- Full payment must be received by 1 May 2019. If payment is not received by this date, we reserve the right to cancel the student’s place on the course and the deposit payment will be forfeited.
- If the application is accepted after 1 May 2019, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- If incorrect information or misinformation is provided at application, we reserve the right to ask the student(s) to leave the course. In this case, there will be no refund of the course fees.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing.
- If you cancel the course due to a visa refusal, we will refund the full fees, less the deposit, upon receipt of the original documentation issued by the Entry Clearance Officer. Please see ‘Student Visas’ for details.
- Where the reason for cancellation is due to sudden serious illness, accident or death of student, a parent or brother or sister, the course fees you have paid, less the deposit will be refunded. Appropriate medical certificates will be required confirming the reason for cancellation.
- Almost all our courses include a comprehensive insurance cover. Depending on the circumstances, you may be covered by the insurance policy. Details of the policy are available on request. Cancellation claims must be supported by documentary evidence.
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- The course bookings are non-transferable. Any amendments to the registration process, if possible is subject to availability.
- Students will not be authorised to change programmes during their course, unless there is a pre-arrangement. All pre-arrangements must be made in advance. Contact us for any pre-arrangement.
- It is essential that we are kept informed of any changes to the student’s travel arrangements. Changes must be communicated to us in writing. We will always confirm receipt of these changes in writing.
AIRPORT TRANSFERS, ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- Free airport transfers to and from London Heathrow and Gatwick airports are included in all our summer programmes. Other airports may be available, please check with us before booking a flight.
- The free airport transfers on published arrival/departure dates are available between certain times of the day. This condition is marked individually on the relevant course page.
- If arriving at an airport or at a time other than those designated, a surcharge will apply if a transfer is required. It is essential that we are kept informed of any changes to the student’s travel arrangements.
- If student is under 13 years old, they will travel as an Unaccompanied Minor (UM). Airline policies on UM vary from airline to airline; students are liable for the cost of Unaccompanied Minor (UM) charges if applicable. Please check details with airline or travel agent at the time of booking the airline tickets.
- Student visas may be required from some countries, and obtaining a visa is the responsibility of the client.
- At the time of application, we provide the necessary letter of acceptance and visa support letter if applicable.
- If a visa application is refused, we will refund the full fees, less the deposit, should a visa be refused by the Entry Clearance Officer, and the client has followed all the correct procedures. With all visa refusals, original documentation issued by the Entry Clearance Officer must be provided to qualify for any refund.
- We will not refund the fees if the visa was refused due to your mistake on the application form or the wrong documents being submitted.
- Most of our summer education programmes provide insurance cover as part of the enrollment, which comes into effect automatically upon receipt of the deposit/full payment per course. For details of the insurance cover, please click HERE
- Where a course does not include insurance, students are advised to arrange their own insurance cover for personal possessions and medical treatment.
PASSPORT, TICKETS AND POCKET MONEY
- The original passport and travel ticket must be presented at registration on arrival at the school and will be kept secure throughout the course.
- Pocket money can be handed in at the start of the student’s course. Please note our insurance policy covers for loss of cash of up to £250 only. We strongly recommend that parents purchase a pre-paid debit card or a credit card for use in the UK. Parents can increase this if extra pocket money is required. We recommend students bring £80 pocket money per week.
MEDICAL AND HEALTH
- It is the duty of the parent/guardian to inform us before arrival, in writing, of any relevant medical information, which may affect a student’s health or ability to participate in the course, including any allergies and/or medication needs. You must advise us of any special dietary needs.
- If students need to bring any medications they must be able to administer it themselves. Any medication students bring with them, must be handed over to the management team for safe storage, or stored securely in the student’s room.
- We request that the parents complete and sign a medical consent form to authorise us and our summer schools taking care of your child on your behalf in the case of illness or injury to the child, and take any medical treatment advised by the attending medical consultant.
SAFETY AND WELFARE
- Students will be under the supervision of the course staff when they are off campus, except where small groups of senior students aged more than 13 years old are given permission by staff to go shopping in nearby areas.
- Parents must write a letter to the Head Office if they do not wish for such permission to be given.
- Several of member staff at each centre are trained in First Aid. Students will be taken to the local health centre or hospital when appropriate.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All students are bound by the Course Rules and Regulations, as set out below.
- By signing the application form, parents agree to support us in the enforcement of the rules set out below, and you also agree to explain the rules to your student before they arrive.
- Students are expected to abide by these rules and regulations and failure to do so may result in expulsion or being suspended from the course for a period decided by the Course Director without refund of fees. Any extra costs incurred will also be your responsibility.
- Live Our Dreams and the summer school(s) that your child attended shall not in any way be liable to the student(s) in the event that any service contracted to be supplied by us becomes impossible to supply due to reasons outside our control.
- Our summer schools shall not be liable to the student or parent/guardian for any damages, loss, costs, expenses claims or proceedings howsoever arising and whether actual or contingency except for death or personal injury resulting from negligence of the summer schools.
PERSONAL DATA (GDPR)
- For us to fulfil our contractual obligation to provide our services for your child during their time at one of our contractual UK Summer Schools and to keep you informed of your booking(s) with us, we need to collect personal data about the booker (usually the parent/guardian and if applicable the agent) and any children being booked. We need to ensure we have all the necessary information to look after your child safely and to meet all their needs at respective summer schools.
- We process personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Our data processing will be carried out as part of our legitimate business interests and to fulfil our legal duties and contractual obligations in the delivery of our services and supporting the learning and safeguarding your child during their time at respective UK Summer Schools.
- We gather your personal information from what you provide to us directly on your summer course application that you send either by email or you submit online via our website. This includes Booking Form, Airport Transfer Form, Emergency Contact Form, Medical Form and Letter of Consent to Travel. Sometimes this information comes via agents that you have appointed.
- We may need to share your data with a third party and this could include our contractual UK Summer Schools, Bank transfer to/from the company, and local authorities such as the Police, UK Border and HM Revenue and Customs. We do this because it is required by law or for contractual and legitimate interests, but if we need specific consent then we will tell you by email.
- When processing, using and transferring your personal data, we endeavour to ensure that we do this securely ensuring the necessary protection is in place. We keep your personal information securely for as long as necessary and sometimes this period of time is a regulatory requirement for the protection of children.
- By signing and submitting the application form either by email or online via our website, you agree to give your consent to Live Our Dreams International Limited to process, use and retain data about your child/ward specifically for the purpose identified above.
- Students should tell the Director of Studies / Course Director immediately if they have any questions or complaints, so that we can help the student and deal with any problems quickly.
- Most problems can be resolved quickly and informally but if you or the student is unhappy with any aspect of our service, you should contact one of the Directors.
- We may wish to use photographs or video images of students on the course for future promotional purposes. The student must specify in writing to tell us prior to arrival if they do not wish to be included in any promotional publications.
- Students and the parent or guardian may be asked to complete a course evaluation form at the end of the course. Unless the parent or guardian writes to tell us this is not acceptable, we may use any comments in future promotional material.
* This is a general booking terms and conditions apply to all our summer education programmes. More specific terms and conditions may apply to different summer school programmes.